Sunday, December 23, 2018

Home For The Holidays

Joyeux noël ! Joyeuse saison ! 
I hope everyone is icing cookies and wearing thermals !!!
Well, this letter is going to be interesting, I felt impressed that it need to be done. I have returned early from my mission. I have had many thoughts running through my mind about what to say, but I will start with a simple phrase: I served as long as I was called (:
For the majority of my mission I struggled with some personal health problems. After discussing the matter with my mission President and his wife, we felt that it would be better taken care of if I went home. As you can imagine, this was a very hard decision we made together. I did not want to go, However, I learned that in order to help others, I have to help myself. My mission president, President Sorensen reassured me that many people often think that a faithful mission is composed of a span of time or time limit. However, I have graciously realized that a faithful mission is composed of the work and earnest desire you put forth, and thanks to the design of God's plan,  is not given a  measurement of time.
With that said. I will admit that I am sad to leave. I am extremely saddened to have left my france ! But I know that I served with all my might, honorably and faithfully. The lord just has other plans for me in my life a this given moment.

So. This is still a weekly, so i will tell you about my week. It was crazy !!! Full of caroling, christmas tress decorating, driving, singing, eating etc. It was really fantastic. To start, our district and us went caroling at this maison de retraite, or retirement care. It was super !!!!! Honestly.  We started on the top floor, we sang about 5 songs, because no one really told us to stop. The lady running the organization goes, well shall we do the whole building ? You can imagine our faces, BUT we were serving so nous-y-allons !! It was so gratifying and tiring . We went to the last floor where i stood next to this tiny blue eyed woman. I gave the note for everyone to sing, and she stood up and starred at me with a smile. Once i started singing, i looked back at her with a smile too. Through out the song we kept complete contact, she inched herself towards me and then grabbed my hand. I started tearing up as all i could think was WOW. she is a beautiful daughter of God. She couldnt speak and she wasnt very comprehensive with her small mumbling, but i knew she knew. I knew she felt the spirit.  It was super.

Then we went on exchanges. Which was another fun round of caroling !!!!!!!! I was with a different Soeur Peterson, ( there are three on this mission and god wanted me with all of them) and we were going to an amis house to hang up a "christmas tree" on her wall. It was out of green paper and cut outs of jesus christ. But she LOVED IT. J is her name. And J is exceptional. I actually taught her in the beginning of october on another exchange, and asked her to baptism. Well, she got baptised this saturday !!! Wow !!!! Incredible !! It was crazy because i was apart of the beginning and the end.
For our lesson, it was so awesome because we had her grand daughter there as well, and she loved the message. I have her facebook so i will continue to look after her (;
We had a ward christmas party where soeur petersen and i taught the ward a Christmas song to sing!! It was so fun, M. Came and he even wore a santa hat ! We had a défi des gouteaux or cake challange. Soeur petersen and i were extremely ambitious in a cookie christmas tree with the dough dyed green. I will have a photo to show as it was a not a very measurable goal. Anyways, the party was so fun and the spirit was just evident. M even wore a Santa  hat. 

When i found out i was going home, soeur petersen and i immediately took action with our amis. We needed to make sure they would be taken care of. Our ward made extraordinary efforts to help us. On our pday, we were both frantically packing, and soeur petersen and i both felt we needed to get M. A Christmas tree. He hasnt had a christmas in years. So before we left we said goodbye. I brought him some presents my mom gave me that i could not fit in my suitcase. It was heartbreaking but i know he will continue to progress. 

Well, I am a bit tired. So im signing off, but thank you to everyone who has ever supported me in this decision to serve. I can say that it was the best 9 months of my life. I remember in the midst of my transition, i was feeling discouraged. However someone very special shared with me a promise. Its found in 1 nephi 13:37
 " And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be. " 

My I truly believe that this message we teach is a message of peace and joy. This message counteracts any thought of negativity. I advise anyone to read the Book of Mormon, and pray for yourself if this message is true. Because i guarantee that you will find the internal peace youre looking for. God bless you all and je vous aime. 

Soeur Dunkley
 
Email me if you want my fellow missionaries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home For The Holidays

Joyeux noël ! Joyeuse saison !  I hope everyone is icing cookies and wearing thermals !!! Well, this letter is going to be interesting...