Monday, July 16, 2018

Growth in the Gospel and Growth in the language!

Bonjour Americans !!! Happy fourth ! 

We had P-day Mardi or Tuesday because we went to the Temple today wowow !!!! It was so surreal. Truly one of the most spiritual, magnificent feelings i have ever felt. The work that takes place in the Temple is truly consecrated, holy, eternal work. I can’t describe it. I am very grateful i got to go. 

Wednesday we had le spectacle !!! It was truly such a breeze. The dancers were insane. And super lively. Yall they had so many cowboy scenes and i was just shouting all the words to the songs it was so fun. Joël and tristan (a member)  kept laughing. Walli ( german man we met, said his name was Walter, but the next time we saw him, he told us these ministers started calling him Walli; oh and he also goes by John and Emmanuel in other countries)  came again and he brought us smoothies and redbulls lol... we were like walli you can’t keep buying us food !!!! Lol he just laughed and said "well im gonna keep doing it." He loves church though so it’s great. He also doesn’t have a phone so it really shows how much integrity he has. Whenever we say ok be here at this time, he’s there with food. But anyways he gave me the nickname of sunny dunny. I thought it was the cutest thing. He gave nicknames for every missionary. I just hope the members don’t make that stick because I need to be called Soeur Dunkley you know ??? 
Afterward the spectacle we had a BBQ outside our apartment. We made hot dogs and s'mores :) it was incroyable. I will show pictures 




I would also encourage you all to read Alma 46. Specifically verses 10- 16. Imagine this imagery. We are given so much. Being outside of this country I see a différence. There are so many who don’t have the liberties we so loosely hold. 

Saturday we taught Maria about the Word of Wisdom. It was one of the best lessons I have ever had. Wow. It was funny because she was like guys i buy the most expensive café ( Coffee)... that stuff has got to be good for you it is heaven sent. We were like but it makes you tremble when you don’t drink it !!! Then she laughed and was like yeah lol. Anyways, I was really nervous about the lesson, i prayed soo so much the morning of for some guidance because I wanted to be direct but sincere as well. At the end of the lesson, WHICH WENT SUPER, I bore testimony, that you WILL gain SO MUCH if you put aside cafe and alcohol. I promise that these so called hidden treasures we hear about, they exist. God is constant, but it also has so much knowledge he is willing to bestow upon us. He is willing to give us the perspective that so many lack. Something not of this earth at all !! How crazy ! I believe this to be so true. 
The spirit was so powerful. She said she will try with our help and with God’s help. Keep her in your prayers. 

Sunday was bliss. We had church as usual, had 5 amis (Friends) which was just as great, and afterwards, went to a members house to teach a lesson that night. We taught them about keeping the foundation on Christ ( Helaman 5:12 would you think anything less ???) Anyways, we played Jenga with them and wrote little words like prayer, going to church and honesty  on tape and taped it to the blocks. And when they took it out, the foundation fell !!! Gah oh no !! Lol, but the kids LOVED it. It was a great way to i guess teach a 7 and 4 years old about the importance of honesty. After we sang love at home together and the spirit FILLED the room. It was truly amazing. The parents both started crying and the kids settled right next to us (: Clement (their son) gave me a bisous :') 


But this week to say the least was quite spectacular ;) lots of spiritual growth and growth in the language ! We had zone conference Tuesday and it the inspiration received there is always a pleasure. Not to mention I got my favorite sandwich and macaroon afterwards. Keep sending ideas for family home evening activities!! Also any scriptures on the Savior. I am trying to have more peace in my life and one way i can do that is through learning about him. So keep them coming. :) 

Love this gospel so much, and II love you all. I’m grateful to know that I have a Celestial Father that loves me so so much. And he loves you too :) 
Sunny Dunny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home For The Holidays

Joyeux noël ! Joyeuse saison !  I hope everyone is icing cookies and wearing thermals !!! Well, this letter is going to be interesting...