Monday, October 29, 2018

Alma 36...

Bonjour tout le monde ! 
I hope youre doing amazing today!! I will tell ya, today it is absolutely FREEZING. and RAINING. Could possibly SNOW.... not prepared that’s for sure. And in fact, today for P-day we are going to Puy de Fou again !!! So we will be spending our day outdoors! I am really pumped, it’s okay because it is so worth it to be quite honest. But in any case, this week was spectacular. Lots of highs and lows, but it really made me recognize the veracity of my calling. 
First off, we had exchanges. This was awesome because we spent them in my favorite city of all time, Rennes (: 

They started off really strong. I was with Soeur Pischer, and right when we arrived, we had a rdv with this sweet 19 year old named Noa. She wanted to be baptized !!! Only problem was, was that she wanted to wait until NEXT YEAR, this was due to her contract at work which made her work on certain Sundays. Soeur Pischer and I knew that she could be baptized earlier. So we went in, taught a lesson and launched the idea of baptism, she was taken back and defensively said "nope sorry can’t so that. I need to be fully committed before I can be baptized", we paused for a moment -this was a running problem within their previous lessons- and I prayed a bit, then asked, "well Noa, avez vous prié Dieu pour cette réponse?" Have you prayed to god for this answer? 
She looked at me, super perplexed and said no actually, I haven't included him at all. Hmmmmm.. Soeur Pischer and I grinned. So we gave her that as her engagement. AND GUESS WHAT. SHE IS NOW GETTING BAPTIZED November 10th!!! MIRACLES OF EXCHANGES. So amazing.  
On our way back from exchanges, Soeur Petersen and I had lunch in a park. There are some fun pics to see (: 





As for a low, that very same day I received a message from Eric say that he is no longer interested in the missionary lessons. He no longer wants to be baptized. This honestly ripped my heart into pieces. He was doing so well, and because of that, he has been absolutely tormented by the adversary. We met with him Friday night to discuss why he felt this way, he said I have simply lost the need for this, he said he believes he will be better off without it. We read in Alma 36 from the Book of Mormon, and we honestly felt the spirit so strongly. I bore a very sincere testimony of repentance. I know it registered to him because he agreed that it’s important we keep coming. So from now on, we will just meet with the family. Hopefully he accepts the gospel. He would be so much happier with it. 
As for sweet Mamadou, he is doing so well. We had dinner with him at a member’s house Friday, and he was just thriving. He writes down all of his questions from the Book of Mormon on a little piece of paper. Then he shows it to us and says well I hope you can read this. Lol
Keep praying for him. He is coming around. 
Anyways, I just want to say that I so love this gospel. I realize that my happiness is a choice, and it is a choice trusted upon the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, I am so grateful for all He has done for me, my amis and my family. I invite all of you to go read Alma 36. The power of the atonement is real! And applicable to everyone!! I love you all !! 


Oh and as for Halloween, there are some families that do it here but it is not that huge. We will still be celebrating that's for sure. Send pictures of yall’s costumes they love to see that stuff!! Bye!! 
Soeur Dunkley. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Home For The Holidays

Joyeux noël ! Joyeuse saison !  I hope everyone is icing cookies and wearing thermals !!! Well, this letter is going to be interesting...