Monday, October 29, 2018

An American Bishop was called....

Bonjour tout monde ! Another week of work and miracles ! Today we are working on our skirts again with soeur Ako, so i will keep you up to date on how those turn out (:  
As for this week, nothing super grand happened. Mais we worked super hard and had a BALL at the end of the week. It was loads of fun. 
So this week we had tiny miracles throughout the week, i will try and run through them. One funny thing that happened was, we were finding in Chemillé  and there was this one house with a cool window, i wanted to take a mirror picture. Now as missionaries we arent really supposed to be taking pictures willy nilly, and after a long day of having people say no, i wanted to take a funny photo. Just after we took this photo, the man came out of the house and i just stood there with the biggest grin on my face and said well hello we are missionaries, and he looked at me and said missionaries for what..... i saw you take that photo. I was DEAD. It was a big slap in the face for me to not do that again lol. Will work better on that. But we still have the photo so thats fun (: 
We have our amis Eric and Mamadou who are our best progressing amis, and it's funny because they were originally atheist. But as we have met with them We have seen and ENORMOUS change in their character and in their desire to change their habits for God. 

So to start, we met with Eric to talk about his fast, he was actually super discouraged with what happened. He had a goal to not smoke at all this week, but he unfortunately didn't completely reach his goal, he did succeed for the most part!! But not all. Anyways he was really upset with not accomplishing his goal, I then asked him if he prayed during the days that he smoked, and goes well no not really, and then I asked him okay and when you prayed, what did you pray for? And he said well I prayed to God for strength. I asked okay, well. Did you pray for the healing power of the Atonement ? He starred at me and was like I didn't think at all about Jesus Christ. And we all three raised our hands and said ohhhh wow ok!!! Well let's assess this souci, or problem. So we had a beautiful lesson on re-teaching the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was extremely touching. I was in absolute ah with the feeling of the spirit. We gave him the option to choose the 17 November for his baptism, he raised his eyebrows and said hmm. That sounds nice. SO WE WILL BE VERY RELIANT ON THE LORD !!! (: 

We're having a family home evening with them tonight so that's exciting. And Anaïs is here !!!! His daughter, the one that cut my hair. She's visiting for a week,  we are really wanting to instill more of the gospel into her heart. 
We met with Mamadou this week multiple times, we taught him the importance of the temple and family history work. He was SO INTERESTED in learning about the temple, he was like Okay well how do I get started?? This is a man who used to deny completely the idea of God. Now every time we mention prayer or God, he gets this funny smile that comes on his face saying I hope so. It's the cutest. 

At the end of this week we had a BALL chez notre eglise. Oh my gosh it was so fun. Our French teacher came and she got to talking with the people there, she said that she wants to go to the Temple !!! This is huge because she has rejected the church for so long. Hopefully this is our shot. 
We also set a baptismal date with a 9 year old named Luyanna! Her mom is a less active and her dad is a non-member and she has agreed to be baptized !! It was honestly a really spiritual lesson that we had. Teaching children really does bring the Spirit. 
The weather here is super fun, it's super cold in the morning and really beautiful during the day. I'm not going to lie I am really starting to love it here. Even though the work seems slow, and super difficult, I have developed so much love for these members and our amis (friends). It's amazing to see what love can compensate for. 
We gave talks this week in church, we had a new Bishop who served his mission here,  he's from Utah. He's super awesome but always tells me to stop speaking to him in French lol. Anyways he asked us to give talks. I talked about how the Book of Mormon has allowed me to recognize the reality of Jesus Christ. I have truly come to know him as my Savoir all because of the Book of Mormon. I am definitely and eternally grateful for what it has brought me in my life. I have taken the initiative to restart the Book of Mormon and highlight all the references of the Savoir. It's been such an eye opener to me even in just the first few chapters. I especially love chapter 11 and 13. 
Sorry don't have a ton of time left. But I'm very happy and grateful to be here (: feel free to send an email if you are rereading the book of Mormon too!!! I would love to hear about your experiences. 
Love you all (: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Home For The Holidays

Joyeux noël ! Joyeuse saison !  I hope everyone is icing cookies and wearing thermals !!! Well, this letter is going to be interesting...